On Page SEO Techniques to Increase your Website Ranking
On Page SEO includes both technical SEO and content of your page. The technical SEO includes your Title, description and web page URL. Here are some important techniques for on-page SEO,
When we talk about SEO, remember that content is the King and rest of the factors are its armies. If your website has a good content, you have already come halfway.
1. Your content should be original including the articles, text, videos.
2. It should be first published on your site. If the content is yours and you have posted it somewhere else before posting on your site, then it will be a bad impression of your site.
3. Your content should always add value to your site. Instead of posting multiple short articles, post on the long article and a useful one.
4. Meta description and page title.
5. Meta description is the description of your page which will be displayed on search engine results. This should be informative, unique and up to 160 characters long. The best practice is to use your target keyword in the title and description to make it more relevant.
Optimizing URL is also a very good SEO. URL optimization includes the structure of URL as well. There is a slug or permanent URL for each page. This URL is unique and should be less than 255 characters. It should be short, crisp and include your target keyword.
Each page of your website should have one H1 tag. If your page is well formatted with proper heading tags, it will increase the ranking of your page on Search Engine. Use a long tail heading and if possible include your keyword in heading.
Media and Images
Your media and images are the presentations on your website. This is to increase the readability of the page. Using Alt tag in a page is the must. This will give search engine an idea about your page and content. The file name saved should have a short description instead of image.jpg.
Linking to the pages of your website and other websites is very much important.